View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
am i just screwed?

so back in february (did i spell that right?) i sold this guy some subs and an amp because i didnt think i would ever put them in my svx. i drove 45 min to meet him and it took him like 3 hours to decide that he would by them. he didnt have cash and it was saturday afternoon. he had a check and i took it because he assured me it would clear and i had his info (address, phone #, DL #) and also i didnt want to drive another 45 min to get cash on monday from him, and i just wanted to sell them, they were taking up space and i wasnt getting any other hits but his. well i made a bad mistake.

i put the check in the bank, it didnt go through, i called him and he said he had money in there so i had my bank run it again, and still it didnt go through. the bank refused to do it again. i got the check and went directly to his bank to cash it. they wouldnt do it because he didnt have enough $. i told them to over draw his account as that is what my bank would do if i was to spend $ i didnt have. they said his account was already too far over drawn. ive been going there for the past few months trying to get my $ (110) and last time i went the lady tells me that i will never get the money, she cant say why, but im sure they closed his account. i tried calling him the entire time, he wont respond. am i screwed or is there something i can do? i really dont care if i get the money, i just want my speakers back at least and i wanna kick the guy in the balls. this is a lesson to me i guess and if i dont get my $ oh well, ive been out of it for the past few months anyway but i figured if there was something i could do then i would try it. by the way, i dont know his real address, the one on his check was his moms, who i talked to and told her to have him call me. hes freakin 27 years old and is totally immature. he has everyone else talk for him and cant stand up to what he does. please dont be like this!

im sure this is common sense not to take a check from a stranger, but please, let this be a warning, just dont do it unless the funds clear and everything is ok, dont take a check.

Last edited by JLHollowX13; 04-25-2008 at 08:03 PM.