View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 07:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Nevermind about the size... Just saw... 274/40/17's... Damn, those are some big tires ... Make sure to post pics up when you get them on the car! I wanna see an RX-8 with 275's on it

~ Chris
Here you go. I took a couple pictures that illustrate the increase in tread for one tire and then for two.

They're big.

I am able to turn the fronts at full lock without rubbing, but I'm not yet certain that they won't rub the tupperware up there under heavy braking. My wife was in the car, and she wasn't thrilled about the oversteer I put the car into.

The rears rub. They hit the arches pretty easily, so I'm not sure I should use them yet. I don't want to damage the car. Eventually the car will be much stiffer. I'm not 100% certain what the parts will be. If I have to, I'll roll the arches.

We have 235s on narrower 17s that we used last year on the Eclipse. We're going to try those out on the car tomorrow night. We certainly don't want to run another day on the Sumitomos; those overheated 30 seconds into each run at the test and tune.

Pictures:
http://picasaweb..com/nicholas.j.owens/RX8Tires

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE