View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Okay, just went on another run. Unfortunately, during this run my wiring to the TCU for POWER mode seems to have fallen apart (though I've checked it and it seems to be correct, so I'm not sure why it isn't registering power mode anymore). I'll have to redo it tomorrow, but until then, it's back to normal USDM economy mode...

Anyway, some observations from this run.

1.) Those weird secondary percentage indicators appear on all three of the Duty Solenoids. Bug in the GUI.

2.) Duty Solenoid B remains at 5% when unlocked. When the torque converter locks, the solenoid jumps to 50% and then transitions from 50% to 95% gradually. If the transmission is in "Normal" mode when you disengage the cruise control, it drops to 55%, but does not go down to 5%. So when driving around without Power Mode, the torque converter appears to be in a semi-locked state. Odd. It'll go down to 5% if you start to brake for a stop, though. Presumably to prepare for sudden acceleration.

3.) Duty Solenoid C is at 65% about 95% of the time when driving around normally. So whatever 65% represents torque-split wise, that's what the USDM cars maintain. Power or Normal mode doesn't make a difference. Also, as before, the only time that Duty Solenoid C went to 95% was when the shifter was in P or N. The most I've ever seen it at while driving was 70%. And the lowest of course was 5% when launching from a stop.

4.) Duty Solenoid A remains at about 58% most of the time when just cruising, and alters based on a direct relation to throttle input.

I also took a better screenshot... I'm a sucker for clarity.

Hope this helps some!