View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 05:59 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
And now, the results!

HOLY CRAP, MOST AWESOME PROGRAM EVER. You should've seen my grin as I drove around with the thing running. It's amazing how your programs seem to pull off what a certain other program can't--namely polling multiple variables all at once and returning accurate information 100% of the time in nearly real-time speed.
I'm glad you like it.
Quote:
Turns out, the only time I could get Solenoid C into 95% (FWD I'm guessing) was if I put the shifter into N or P. As soon as I put it into drive, I'd usually get about 60%-70%. Drop it into 1st and that lowers to 45% or so.

I did manage to drop it to 5% once, when I mashed the gas from a dead stop. That was fun too.
Maybe one of the mechanical guys can chime in here on how the duty cycles relate to the torque split?
Quote:
After the whole test drive was done, I did notice that a second percentage appeared next to Solenoid C's duty percentage. 27%. What's that about? Glitch? It didn't change at all after I messed around sitting in the driveway... hm.
Yeah. Sounds like a bug in the program. There's quite a few things that I need to fix up.

It's a pretty simple program. Just three steps repeated over and over: read value, decode value, display result. All the hard work talking to the TCU is handled by the ssm library functions. Could very easily be modified to pull in ECU data as a less pretty alternative to Kevin's program.

Quote:
My only suggestion is that you add in an indicator for the Torque Converter Lockup. I'll test it the next time I hit the freeway.
I thought solenoid B controlled the torque converter, but I'm not 100% sure. On my car DutyB seems to stay at 5% unless I'm in 4th with power mode off. Can somebody explain how this works?
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II