View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvnmaniac View Post
When i originally purchased this car 3 years ago i bought it knowing that i would eventually have it painted. It was in decent shape then except for sone nicks here and there and an ugly gash on the driver's side lower rear panel and the black was no longer true. About a year ago the clearcoat on the hood started peeling and that did it for me. Apparently it had been painted in the past, probably by some sad sack painter. The car had sat for a couple of years which was the reason it was probably painted along with a new wiring harness because squirrels or whatever had gotten to it. CarFax showed no accidents and mileage was correct. The vehicle had less than 57K when i picked it up. I've been checking different places in my area to do the paint job but finally found someone i thought i could be comfortable with doing the job RIGHT. GO JERRY.........
1:05 AM thursday. Just got home from the shop! Car got a bath, taped and rubbed for another 8 hours today/yesterday.

We were going to spray black today, but decided against it when the neighbor's TRAMPOLINE got stuck in the power wires on the telephone pole! It was just a little windy today!! ( Must be march or something)

So we got out the 400 sandpaper and rubbed some more.

One point that has not been stressed enough, My brother owns the shop that the car is parked in. He taught me 80% of what I know. Since he is recently retired, he has logged more time on the project than I have. My nephew has also been a major factor in the prep work and getting the spray booth ready for the new season.
THREE Wilsons!!
I watched my brother paint a 55 chevy in 1962, ( I was 10 then), my nephew has been around the shop since it was built in the mid-70's ( he was 10 then).

I painted my first car in 1969. It looked like crap, but was a major improvement.

We have all 'grown' since our 'humble' beginnings.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 03-27-2008 at 12:35 AM.