View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
I talked one one of the guys on LegacyCentral into trying this on his Legacy. He said it made sparks and now that pin on his TCU is dead.

From what I can see, the Legacy and SVX TCU should be the same hardware. Some guys here are running Legacy gearboxes, so how can the wiring be different? It doesn't make any sense.
Whooops!!

I would be of the same mind as you Phil. I'd expect it to work.

However, it would be interesting to know if the Legacy from Japan that used the 4EAT ever had a Power mode. If it did, you might expect it to work using the same pin. If it didn't, then perhaps they made the legacy TCU using a different function from that particular pin 4. Could that be the case?

I had two Legacy turbos, and I can't remember if they had Power mode.
Edit: I just checked the jdm owner's manual I have. There is a Power mode switch on the shifter, where the UK SVXs have the Econ switch. So on the Japanese Legacys there is a Power switch.

I suppose it is possible the TCU for non-Japanese cars could be different? The only way to know for sure would be to see the circuit diagram for both TCUs, Japanese and US/UK.

Joe

[I would suspect your Legacy Central guy shorted out the pin while wiring the earth cable, and that fried the pin.]
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl