View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 12:32 PM
trying to misbehave more...

Registered SVX
Tires and what problems should I anticipate?

I'm brand new as a member. (Lurking for years.) I was going to sell my '95 LSi, but have been talking about it for 3 years, can't seem to do it, may just have to find a way to bring in more cash to keep it in style. Just signed up for Reading. My first meet, can't wait!

Questions.
1. I'm getting new tires next week. Have a recommendation, did some surfing, but I'm still not sure what to mount. Really want a QUIET tire with handling. Is this possible? (The car is entirely stock.) I would appreciate any thoughts ASAP.

2. I'm wondering what expenses I am in for if I keep the SVX indefinitely. Have 54K miles now, replaced a burned part in trans at 12K, fixed the power window mechanism, sunvisors, and anti-knock $ensor recently. It's garaged but driven every week and everything works, so I am hopeful. Can someone tell me more about bearing problems? Could the trans go again after a while? I'm easy on brakes, but hear the rotors are a problem. Bottom line: when it's in the shop next week, what should the mechanic look at, and what should I keep my eyes and ears out for over time? Help!

Thanks!
Fancy