View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:14 PM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. I talked to my insurance company's "customer service" department today, and as I expected they redirected me back to the other insurance company. It's like they're all part of the same club or something. I thought they were supposed help ME out. They had absolutely nothing useful to say. I asked if they could give me a fair estimate. The rep said she couldn't. I asked how they go about determining a fair estimate. She said she didn't know because they use another company to do it She apologized and then told me if the other insurance company gave me any problems with giving a fair estimate to call them back. Funny, I thought that's why I called her today.

Anyway, I'm putting together an analysis report of my own based on the cars on autotrader and the report that the insurance company sent me by email. I'm also going to the local dealer to see if they can help me out with a fair value assessment, as they were really impressed with the condition of my car when I brought it for my last oil change. I also can find out why that oil change didn't come out on the car fax report the insurance company pulled up.

I'll keep you guys posted.