View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 05:52 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
I just did this mod tonight, and the car feels like it suddenly woke up! Seriously, when I switch it off it seems like someone lopped off two cylinders at lower speeds (high speed cruising is about the same). GREAT mod. I don't know that I'll ever switch it off, but having it wired to a switch is trick.

By the way, my switch has an LED for when it's on (amber to match the rest of 'em). Where would you guys suggest I get power from to power the little LED? I'm not very electrically inclined, so I figured I'd ask prior to just sticking wires in any old place. I put the switch in by the winter mode one, so somewhere close to that would be nice.
Zandar

Congratulations, I'm glad the mod is working well for you. Check the other Power mode thread for tips on getting to use lock-up with your mod, although as you have the switch you can switch it of for economy on a long steady speed run.

In the panel above where you put the switch is the switch for driving the mirrors. This always has a live connection when the ignition is on. You can find the live wire there and run a connection down to your led.

As the panels come off separately, it would be wise to interrupt the live wire with a [shielded!] plug in connection, so you can disconnect it if taking off the lower panel.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl