View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:22 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
This has been a fun thread to read. Thanks to everybody who shared.

I'll tell you mine, but it's not that interesting. Long story short, I bought my '93 off a Dodge dealer's lot in VT in '99. As every car dealer before or since told me, 'somebody else is interested in it, too.' Sure, bub.

About a year after I bought it, I was at a gas station in the same town when a kid walked up and said, 'hey, I wanted that car but somebody else bought it before I did!'

In late 2000, my wife was actually driving my SVX to the private school she worked for. A guy in a Dodge pickup parked near her, got out and said, 'hey, that's my dad's car!' It turned out he had a kid in the school. The SVX was his father's, and when he died this guy traded it on the pickup. I bought a ski rack, snow tires and steel wheels off him.

Two states later I still have my SVX. I don't drive it much, maybe 750 miles a year. I think about selling it every so often, but the longer I hang on to it the less I really want to sell it. I'm about to buy an '06 RX8, really a very nice car, and I'm going to make it sit outside, drive it in the snow and salt and beat the daylights out of it while the '93 SVX has a garage and a cover over it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE