View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
I'm not working on the 96 or 97's. Maybe some day if I ever get myself a 96 or 97 bordeaux. It doesn't seem worth the hassle though so don't count on it.
Yet he posted this many moons ago. I was the sucker that believed him and wasted my money buying a spare OBDII ECU for him to do nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
The chip for the OBDI ECU's may or may not work on the OBDII ECU's. After I finish stage I and II I'll order a 97 ecu to check. The changes I'm making are definitely transferable to the 96 and 97 years it's just a question of whether they are stored at the same addresses in memory. If they are stored in the same addresses in memory then the chips I'm making now will work if plugged into a OBDII ECU (96 &97) but you will loose the OBDII functionality (on board diagnostic 2). If they are stored at different addresses in memory then I'll have to transfer the same changes to the different addresses for the OBDII cars.

Either way, after we make some of our money back I'll pull the processor from an OBDII computer to extract the code and do what's necessary to make an OBDII version chip.

Last edited by alltrac; 03-04-2008 at 05:51 PM.