View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
I grabbed the info that chike had put done, and reduced it so that it all is closer together, I added tom's name cause Tom had some idea's in there and he seems to be going the more power route.
The filters however, K&N has been accepted as one of the better all around filters, be it their stock like drop in, or their cone filter. The green filter I have a feeling was added because dayle sold it, I had it for a while and I didnt notice any difference from the K&N that was removed for it. The STI filter has been tested by several people on the site (do a search, more then a year ago) and they proved it was giving more power.
I have switched now to the HKS foam and as the foam is replacible (You cant clean it) I switch it at every oil change. That has been the best one I have had yet. (filter costs $15-$25 depending on which one you want)

Tom- I disagree, yes this is not NEW information, it is not however superseded and outdated. Not everyone is at the level you are. This is the basic stuff that makes gets you to the next level. If everyone who wants a faster car has done all this stuff, Sorry! my fault! I know thou that I have not, and ridered has not, so until everyone is done with the basics, it is not outdated. I want you to add to it. I think you are a really bright guy, so add to this, and replace what you think is crap.

-Black Beast
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.