Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefus View Post
SVXRide:
1. 125500 miles
2. changed the PVC about a year ago (twice), could oil going through it make it go bad cause I replaced a vacuum hose it the oil burning was getting better until the auto-x
3. chip is 2.5 but want the injectors to help feed the cams and engine
4. the best 60ft I had was .223 when I was running constant 14.9s, the more I ran the better the 60 ft got but it was also getting late and cold. I wanted to make the 1.5hr drive home
5. stock manifolds 2.5 off them and come together at tranny mount then a high flow cat single 2.5 back to the flowmaster 80. I am planning on changing this once I get some more money.
6. My friend’s Evo MR (modded with r-compounds) was 1 sec ahead of me and another one running was 2 sec behind me. Here is a link to the times IM in SM #256 and my fried was driving my car too #259 ignore that it says miata http://www.scsportscar.com/content/a...201&Report=fin

Tom: my idle is high on start up right now but I believe that to be due to the oil. When I burn no oil (warm start) it is fine. I have mine set at about 1000, Seems to do best there. My car was idling funny when I first installed the cams but after readjusting the idle screw and driving it calmed down.
Have you tried just driving them, I seem to remember something about car computer learn how a car runs but don’t know if that applies in this case.
Jeff,
you're doing well if you're only 1 sec behind the EVO. What tires are you running? I would suggest dropping down to 2" pipes coming off of the stock manifolds. 2.5" is fine aft of the primary cat. You might want to try running a catch can in the PCV system -- tie both of the lines off of the rocker covers to it. You really shouldn't be having oil issues at only 125k miles.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker