Thread: Hi Everyone!!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 09:32 AM

Thanx to all.. Actually I have done quite a bit of research for the project..
From what I've read..
-The eg33 is 1.5" longer then my ej25.. Even then, it's still super short, (front to back), in the honda engine compartment.
- Remember, honda engines sit "sideways" as they are front wheel drive, which really leaves plent of room for the motor plus piping..
- The honda it is going into is remarkably close to the same dimensions as my gc8
- The reason I compare to the gc8 is because I plan on using drivetrain and suspension components from that car, because the dimensions are so close..
- I know that people have put eg33s into gc8's so as far as fitment, that is not an issue, the actual issue is mounting points and securing everything efficiently and safely...

I'd prefer to buy the whole car because I will need the wire harness and other spare parts..
I am not 100% sure as to what I'll be using for management, thats one of the reasons I'm here..
-Are there any regular forum members that have successfully TT'd their eg33?

I don't know if I'll go full stand alone.. I'd like to make the vehicle appear as stock as possible as if it came from the factory, so i'd like to use the factory/tuned with piggyback ecu, if possible.

I'm also concerned about interfacing the subaru ecu and sensors with the honda dashboard, therefore I want the subaru dash components so can modify them to fit in the honda if needed..

To be honest, I'm only in the planning stages of this project. But it WILL happen. I strive to be different, and this is up there..

Over the next year I will be gathering up everything need for the project..
Vehicles I'm buying for the project
-Wrecked 2004 STI
- 93-99 Impreza L (chasis and suspension only)
- 86-89 Honda Accord DX (Shell only)

Also can anyone answer this question for me?
Is it true the 3.3 is the same bore and stroke as the 2.2?