View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Looks and smells great.

A few questions from a new owner.

Okay, let me start by saying that I recently purchased a 1992 SVX LSL black/pearl, and I absolutely love it! My wife must be getting sick of my zeal at each of its features I discover, but she hides it well.

Anyway, there are a very few rough edges that I would like to work out.

First, I have a small dent in the hood from the inside out (looks as though the hood was slammed on a tool). Any ideas how to fix this? Should I just take it into a body shop?

Second, the struts for the hood and the trunk are out of commission (well, the hood ones will work for about 2 minutes then go flat; I bet that's how the dent got there). Any idea where to find these?

Third, how do you know if there's an aftermarket (or factory) trnasmission cooler/filter? I'm slightly mechanically inclined, but not too terribly knowledgeable.

Fourth, I saw that the tranny said something about being a Subaru rebuild; any way to check with Subaru about maintenance? This car was purchased by a small-time dealer at an auction, so I don't have any records for it.

Fifth and last, does it ever get old owning an SVX? Do the butterflies go away after a while? Seriously, this car gets me up in the morning just knowing I can drive it to work.

Thanks for any and all replies!