View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Patrick

I also doubt your figures and I'll tell you why; first and foremost you need to actually state where the test results came from and who did the tests.

In chasing down this information I have spent a small fortune buying magazines that "tested" the SVX in the launch year. When you look at tests from all over the world [as you do!!], it becomes noticeable that the figures are coming up the same everywhere. This makes me wonder if they were all just pooping out Subaru's figures at the time, rather than running their own test.

It's for this reason that I feel the '92 quoted numbers are based on tests done on the jdm/UK variant, with the 3.70 final drive. The original cars "tested" by Road and Track in Oregon in '91 were all from Japan, and does anybody know which final drive they had?? Which gearbox they had?? The reason I ask this is simple; it is not logical to assume that a car using a lower final drive will have the same top speed as the long-legged US variant.

That's the reason that the later cars are showing 136 mph as top speed, that's all they will pull with that absurdly high 3.54 final drive. How many of you have reached this mythical 136 mph, and felt the ECU cutting the sparks? Own up, you got long straight roads out there, who has tried to push a '94 car past the magical 136 "limited" top speed?

I think the limit is the gearing. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Joe
I won't be the one to test the magical 136, I have gotten 120. Wont go fast I don't want a death wish.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles