View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 06:56 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSides View Post
QUOTE: "Charge $25 for annual memberhsip...."
This is not only a great idea but is probably a must for certification under the classic/collector regulations of the national automobile insurance underwriters association. I would venture a guess that they require some form of paid membership, unless the marque maintains a national/international registry on behalf of its members (such as the Rolls-Royce owners association). This group could provide three types of membership; interest, owner, collector. We could come up with specific names for these, but they would indicate whether or not the member is: (1) a person with an interest in the SVX, perhaps a potential owner; (2) a person who owns one or more SVXs, either as regular drivers or for other purposes; and (3) a person who owns one or more SVXs for the purpose of exhibit and/or investment potential. I would suggest the first two categories include free membership, but the third must require some per-car fee and a registry. In other words, membership would result in both the owner and the car being listed in a national registry. The registry should be a record-keeping branch that maintains an annual report on each registered vehicle, along with the annual fee. I would propose that the registry charge an initial registration fee with annual membership fees. If the SVX is ever to have lasting value as a collectible, NOW is the time to get this, or some other system off the ground. Again, great idea.Preston
I agree and once I get my Impreza back form the shop I really want to reduce the milage I put on my SVX. I got it from my Brother and Sister-in-law in April and I'v already but 13k on it. But for the sake of not having to stop driving the car altogether I"d drive it only 3k a year. I'll have to check what NH had for these catagories. Insurance for me right now is around $1500 a year and the gas isn't helping either. I might reduce driving it to only meets and just to keep it running. Is there any clasification for "low" original miles? 86K here on my 94 LSi.( I know it's low on average but I'm talking on a non-SVX classing.)
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis