View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Porsche Autofanatiker

Ah I see.

The Porsche Brembo calipers I like to work with are radial mount. I have a few choices from either the 996 Turbo four piston monoblocks, the 997 Turbo 6 piston monoblocks, and the 6 piston PCCB monoblocks which have ceramic pistons to reduce thermal transfer into the brake fluid(like Wilwood thermolock pistons). those calipers are also listed price wise, least to most expensive.

Although I don't like to use them much, I can work with the Cayenne 6 piston calipers but they're not radial mount which has it's mounting limitations on certain applications and I'm limited to a 330mm rotor. The PCCB calipers are suitable up to a 380mm rotor. 350-360 seems to fit the bill nicely for most though.

Rear application is always possibly and can make both.

Price....depends on the design really and material used. Solidworks(my cnc program) figures price based on design and work parameters and the material being used as that also depicts how it needs to be machined. Price is always substantially lower if I get a group of people at once vs ripping off a pair at a time for individual customers.

I ask this As I still have the four uprights/knuckles from that '92 SVX I parted and figured I'd add this car to my list

I'll work up a CAD or two for some options based of the P-car monoblocks and post some visuals here in the next couple weeks. Let you guys decide if it's worthwhile for you to venture down this path.

-Adam