View Single Post
Old 08-05-2002, 01:54 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Leo,
I bought the car from Peter Chung (pc109), a real good guy. This was his post:
------------------------------------
1992 SVX LS-L Pearl SALE $3500 OBO
Selling my 1992 Pearl SVX LS-L to make room for a new WRX.
Located in the NY area.

currently 124,000 miles with gray leather interior.

New radiator and transmission installed in February (@118,000mi). It shifts perfectly with no hesitation or slipping.

Replaced wheel bearings on both left (@108,000mi) and right (@88,000mi) rear wheel bearings.

4 new wheel center caps.
New Pirelli P7000 Supersport Z-rated tires.

New driver side window control switch.

Koni struts front and rear.

Exhaust replaced with KC cat back, using 2 Magna Flow mufflers.

Cross-drilled rotors Front and Back.

Problems with this car:

The driver side leather seat is worn and cracking, but I have replacement leather for both front seats (I never got around to installing them, but whoever buys the car can have em). The rest of the leather in the car is in great shape.

The rear driver side window doesnt open anymore. I think it is because the people who installed the shocks disconnected it...but I haven't had the time to check.

There are a bunch of door dings mostly on the passenger side, because I used to park the car in a NYC garage where they kept the cars packed tight and they would always open the driver door of the next car over into my SVX.

The front right fender has 2 small dents from a lady who backed her Land Rover into me...even though I was honking and yelling for her to stop.

The hood is a little dented from me running into the back of my friend's Grand Cherokee at 5 MPH.

Other than these cosmetic blemishes, the car is clean and in great shape. The paint is in great condition even though the car is 10 years old because I garaged it in both Manhattan and out on Long Island.

Engine is running strong and I have maintained the car mechanically with all records. (timing belt changes, O-ring changes, solenoid and gaskets, etc.)

LS-L includes:
Leather interior
8-way Power driver seat
Power sunroof
6-speaker, AM/FM/cassette/CD player
Heated outside mirrors

Obviously everyone on this site knows the other specs of the car.

I NEED to sell this car soon because I have a WRX on hold at the dealer.

-----------------------------------------------------

Peter found that the rear window had not been plugged in after the Koni install. He plugged it in and all works well.

Now I can save some mileage on "Patience" and have a little fun on my drive with the "Evil Twin." I'm going to have to do come underhood cleaning, though.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI