View Single Post
Old 08-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
Reads with jealousy...

(That would've been MY car, if you weren't on the board so much... )

Glad you made it home safely.

VK
Victor,
If it'll make you feel better, there was someone in Jersey offering Peter more money. Luckily, Peter was an honorable man and gave first contact right of first refusal at the quoted price -- so . . . the rest is history.

Peter is the proud owner of a new Silver WRX, although he says he will miss the "extras" that the SVX had to offer, I'm sure it won't take him long to get used to it.

The trip wasn't without incident. I drove through New York, New Jersey, PA, OH, into Kentucky, then, into Indiana. Almost immediately after I crossed the Indiana line, I was pulled over by a State Trooper. "No Problem" I thought. I had contacted the Kentucky DMV and they told me that if I got stopped, just show my paperwork and all would be Okay. Not so, said the ISP trooper. "You HAVE to have plates on it." He cited for driving a non-registered vehicle (even though KY will not register a car without visual inspection and they can't visually inspect it until you get it there and who wants to pay for trailering a perfectly driveable vehicle . . . oh, never mind) which carries an 89.00 fine. I was not happy, since I had been operating in good faith, on what I considered reliable information from my "home DMV." I will protest the charge.

One small quirk with the car. It has the "intermittent starting problem" which is similar to the little quirk that is caused by loose "knock off bolts" in the ignition switch assy. Funny thing, my current SVX developed the same problem this morning -- it had never done that before. I thought I had gotten in the wrong vehicle! Could it be a virus?

With the two SVXes, we may now make Reading (at least) a "family affair" with my wife and daughter in "Patience" and my son and I coming up in the "Evil Twin." Could be fun!!!

I will still need to correct the cosmetic flaws at one time or another since they will begin to grate on me, after a while. But, for now, I'm enjoying the "machismo" of the dents and dings along with the aggressive sounding exhaust.

Oh, one more MAJOR thing. The gas guage is not accurate (this is driving me to distraction). I will register full after the tank has been filled. Once the level hits . . . say . . . the top slash of the slashes, it drops like a stone -- zero signal. THEN, when it hits just over half a tank, it kicks in again. But, when it gets to the "half tank" slash, BAM -- dead again . . . until, it hits a quarter tank. It then, ressurects until just below a quarter and dies again. THIS IS NUTS!!! I'd love any suggestions on how to correct this problem (easily and ASAP). I hate having to depend on resetting the trip meter at every fuel stop.

I sat on my porch last night, confused to see the two pearlies, side by side. Waffling between, "what the hell have I done?" and "this is really cool." The taint of the ticket has taken a little bit of the edge off the joy of it all, but, once I get settled into the evil twin and the wife begins to enjoy "Patience" I know it will all be worth it.

No, Leo, it ain't lowered.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI