View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Jesus, I get freaking 16 thats it. 200 miles per fill up then light comes on. How do I improve this ; ; this mileage sucks. And I have FWD I thought they were better on gas ; ;.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
O2 sensors, knock sensors, fouled plugs, clogged injectors, dirty airfilter, jackrabbit driving, excessive driving at high speeds (like above 70mph), tires not filled up, constant idle (city driving), consistent use of air conditioner (ie pressing the auto button). Take your pick, all these contribute to bad gas mileage.
All of what Jason says above are factors, Wicked, if you want better mileage you may need to check these.

Your mileage is at the bottom of the scale. If you are doing all short city runs with the engine coolant heating up all the time your gas mileage will suck, it's that simple.

If you don't actually have sensor problems I have a few tips that will definitely bring your mileage up.

1) Pump tires harder than standard. I use 35F 31R
2) Don't use the aircon except in hot summer weather. Heater works fine without it.
3) Drive in 3 rather than D in slow traffic. Your engine works in the sweet efficient part of the torque range, rather than using the torque converter all the time.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl