View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius View Post
Earlier tonight, I was out driving to pick up some stuff for my floor's competition. It snowed about 4 inches today and I had to go to somebody's house to pick up some stuff. Insert here a steep unplowed hill with a narrow road going up it made of gravel. At first I thought I might have some issues because my car doesn't exactly have tires that are good for snow. However, I just put the transmission in 3 and just started up the hill. Several places I hit pot holes (I was going slowly though) and I drug bottom a few places too. Needless to say, once I reached the top, I was surprised that I was even there and that I hadn't gotten stuck. I think the person whose house I was at was surprised even more by the fact that a sports car, not a 4x4 was sitting in their snow-covered drive way (I know the guy who rode shotgun was - "I thought you said you have a 4x4? Yeah, it's all wheel drive...")

I just wanted to mention how proud I was of my car. I've traversed treacherous conditions before with AWD cars, but I don't think that I've ever done something as difficult as that hill. Even with bad tires I still managed to plow through snow and not get stuck. Just a tribute to the SVX's awesome drivetrain and traction.
Jason, we don't get snow here in Ireland hardly at all, the weather is mild even in winter.

I remember one memorable morning when I had Plum and headed for work by my usually hilly route to avoid traffic. It had frozen over rain in the hills and the roads were like glass, really dangerous, no salt applied.

The SVX was faultless, going up hills or the more dangerous going down the far side with zero slipping. I passed all kinds of vehicles stuck on the ice.

Like you I remember well all these people stuck half way up hills, having glazed the ice with their slipping antics, looking at the SVX burbling past and wondering how a sports car could handle the conditions!

I would love to see how the SVX would cope wearing a set of the tall narrow snow tires the rally guys use. I'll bet it would have fabulous grip!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl