View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Nifty,

My appologies. I wasn't trying to insult you in fact my comments were not directed towarards anything you said.

I was simply addressing the "reservations" which Trevor was rightfully reserving. Any condescendeing tone was my bad and just an admission of frequency in which the information given to Trevor as rock solid fact is in fact wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

I really wouldn't like to explain in detail the play of pilot pressure vs line pressure, or the coefficient of friction vs torque, or the friction profile of the fluid. That was the whole point of my comment. Trying to apply a linear modification to a circuit with two non linear inputs and a non linear control..........well, you get the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftySVX View Post
WOW that's not very nice. I don't see the need to make assumptions about facts that are beyond other people's reckoning. All of that is true, and it is not hard to see that the pressure is actually pilot pressure. I mean, there is a pilot valve... and there is a transfer control valve... but those don't appear relevant when discussing a resistor to the duty solenoid c...

This reminds me of what is wrong with this board

People calling other people stupid, making statements like "There are a several things of importance which are well beyond their reckoning"

If you would like to explain, in detail, including all of these things that are beyond reckoning, that modification to the control circuit in this fashion is a bad idea, then be my guest. Maybe you think it's a good idea? I look forward to you explaining, in full detail, exactly what the effect of this might be, such a wealth of knowledge should not be lost to the world.

Don't forget to include:

The pilot pressure and why it is important to consider that in this context.

The coefficient (that's 2 f's, mind you) of friction which varies wildly according to the torque applied. (keep in mind coefficient means number so an equation would be relevant, since you brought it up)

Oh, and the friction profile of the fluid. This one may need a graph. Oh, and don't forget to include the equation.

Gee, seems like that would take an awful lot of writing to say that increasing transfer pressure could cause clutch wear and modifying the solenoid could cause, among other things, its failure?