View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephTheChef View Post
Tom, what I was saying is that in the 3/s world, parts availabilty has been **** until very recently. A bolt on turbo upgrade could not be had for under $2,500...and anything that wasn't bolt on was going to run at least $5,000. Point of the story is, I just managed to squeeze two rather far from bolt-on turbos onto my stealth for under $1,500 for the turbos and all hardware costs, the required fuel mods accounting for the rest of my costs. I don't consider it a race car...it's my daily driver.

I agree that parts availability is even worse for SVXs, and that's a big part of what excites me...I get to make the pieces I will need. I don't intend for it to last very long at all the way I'm going to set it up initially, but I have a tendency to push things until they break and then rebuild them to prevent future breakage.

Let me sum up what I'm trying to say by saying this: I'm no n00b when it comes to cars and I fully realize the immense costs that can be involved with building a reliable performance vehicle. My initial goal involves no degree of reliability whatsoever. I'm starting with a broken SVX and I intend to build it designed to put down as much power as possible with my initial funding and when that breaks I will be **** out of luck until I devise a way to upgrade the broken piece/pieces. Basically, since it could use a driveline rebuild anyway I'm going to take the opportunity to experiment and probably knowingly blow up an engine and/or frag various driveline pieces. Meaning basically that if you are asking me the question "You know you're gonna break **** with that much power, right?" I'm answering "Yes" with an eager smile on my face.

Awesome. Welcome to the club