Thread: revving in D
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:57 PM
svxless

Registered SVX
revving in D

first i want to throw out that that i live in nebraska and the average temp. in the morning is anywhere from 20-30 usually; but it is below freezing.

every morning i start my car before i leave for school and let it run for about 5 min. Recently though, i will begin driving and i'll come up to the first stoplight, which is always red so i have to stop. but when the light turns green i hit the gas and the engine just revs. the car is still in drive but it won't budge. im lost as for what to do.
what i have done is put the car in park and then back in drive and then ill hit the gas again, that doesnt usually work until the second time i do it.

it's frustrating for me and im sure its just the same for the people behind me that have to wait.

the car used to be my older brothers so i confronted him about it. he told me it happened a few times to him also. he thinks it's just because the engine isn't warm enough yet, so he recommended i let the car run a little longer in the morning. i still dont know though.

any help?

btw, i'd like to throw in that while i was at the drive thru at BK, the guy behind the counter told me my car was like a "mystery machine". anyone heard that before? ahaha

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time