Thread: 167 mph svx
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 PM
206,000 miles on 1 air filter

Send a message via AIM to nonSTOP_service
I bury my needle regularly, and well... You can see my mileage.

I agree with just about everyone here, kids street racing between stoplights is a disaster waiting to happen. However I believe it is very realistic to speed responsibly on an open freeway.

As long as you stay in the fast lane and don't make any reckless lane changes (fast and abrupt, cutting off other drivers) I feel perfectly safe at 160 (or so my needle says lawl) when there is little to no traffic on the interstate. It's when you throw countless amounts of inattentive drivers you'd encounter during the day, people who don't check their blind spots and try and eat while driving... Around these people I slow it down and drive safer than anyone you'd ever meet.

Call me reckless and irresponsible, but the fact of the matter is, I've NEVER crashed, I've NEVER been pulled over for speeding (well once but I was doing 10 over and it was really dumb) and I've NEVER had a "close call".

Please keep in mind I'm not trying to start a **** storm here, I'm not advocating street racing or anything. I'm just saying that if you go years without ever having/causing any problems, you're probably fine.

Also, autobahn, brights on, ect...

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Scratched Silver Metallic
213,000mi

"Hey what's that green power light mean?"
"It means we're beating that Porsche."
"What Porsche?"
"Look behind us."
"....Nice..."
- actual conversation