View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Which is as it should be. LAN has done a tremendous amount of work (and invested his own $) to get us to this point and we are legally bound (copyright) to respect that.
-Bill (yeah, a law degree was a serious option before going with engineering)
I agree with you entirely, except on one small point:

The copyright on the ROM belongs to Subaru not LAN. You can't take a book, change a couple of pages and claim copyright over it. I think technically both LAN and I are breaking Subaru's copyright by distributing their ROM, but I don't think they would care too much.

Just to nitpick a little: I know some Americans seem to believe that everybody in the world should follow American laws, but the internet is a global medium, and laws differ across the world. You should not assume that everyone reading this is bound by the same laws as you. However, such discussion belongs in the political forum. I don't want to hijack this thread.

Anyway, I can't speak for the other contributors to this thread, but the work I am doing is not intended to compete with LAN. I do not have the tuning expertise to produce a B3lha-stage-1. Anyone who want's off the shelf performance chips should go to LAN. He deserves to get back the money he's invested. I'm just hoping to shed enough light on how the ECU works to make it easier for people who want to have a go at tuning it themselves.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II