View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade View Post
Bill:

No need to hate me. Anybody can do this. I didn't start until I was 57 years old. YT did his first one this year, after I badgered him about it, and I think he'll be back next year for at least one. There is a new group in your area called Trackdaze that has started doing DE events at Summit and VIR, and they are pretty reasonable, like $350 for a 2 day event. Calculate the cost per minute of seat time. Autocross: $25 for 2 minutes (4 runs at 30 secs each) HPDE day, $175-250 for 60 to 90 minutes. Maybe I'll see you at Summit.

Dan
Dan,
Hate in an envious sense only. 57 huh? Okay, so I've got 10 years to catch up I've got a trailer lined up, I just need to find a nice F250/350 or comparable to tow with (I'm considering an E250/350 so I can sleep in it at the track). Summit or VIR are both possibilities next year (no big mission proposals until the end of 2008).
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker