View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcpianoman View Post
Getting your driver’s licence is one of the most liberating experiences that you’ll likely ever have. With the stroke of a pen the world is opened up to you. Suddenly you have the freedom of movement unlike you’ve ever experienced before.

However, with that freedom comes great responsibility. Every single time you get behind the wheel you take your life, and the lives of everyone else on the road, in your hands. With even a momentary laps of concentration or judgment, people can die or be permanently injured. I’ve trained myself to remember that before I turn the ignition key every time I get into the driver’s seat. It helps to keep me focused and ever mindful of the consequences that may arise if I drive irresponsibly. I don’t ever want someone else’s death or injury on my conscience and I know how easily it can happen.

I wish you many, many years of safe motoring.
Excellent advice!

And yeah, in Oregon they won't ask you to do anything illegal (even says it in the driver's manual, along with some tips for test day.) They have the driver's handbooks in PDF format on the website, www.oregondmv.com and look for "manuals"
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta