Thread: Wood stove link
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop View Post
Yes, I've put it in to the point where I'm not getting smoked out. Went too far a couple of times - that's not fun. Actually, it was a lot like my wife's cooking :-)

Your neighbor pays $200+ per month for three rooms??? What, are the rooms like 80x80 with no insulation and just holes in the wall for windows?

My FP is in the center of the house so it heats the whole house (if I leave the bedroom doors open) and I usually have to open a few windows to cool the place down.
The place is a 6 room 2 story brick that was built about 1900. He only has heat downstairs and the upstairs is heated by what goes up the steps.

My shack was two houses that were about 15 feet apart, about 1875 someone got the idea to hook them together! The elevation changes by 4 feet when you go from one to the other. I actually only heat the front brick house all the time, (7 rooms), and heat the other part as needed. It contains 6 rooms and 2 closed in porches. Then there is the 3 shops that hook on to the back that I use a 'salamander' when I need heat there.

This ol' shack is the largest 'non-commercial' building for blocks around.

It had 4 gas meters when I bought it, but now has NONE.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry