View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
I lose ( as a college student ) 32% of my income in taxes.
Lol? Time for a tax reform don't you think??? Even ALL the presidential candidates agree the current tax system needs major reformation, so I do think you should consider voting for whoever you think can make that happen.

Quote:
I understand what you are saying about how I could keep my private health care company, but that is not the problem. The problem is that I would have my own company AND paying (through taxes) portions of other peoples insurance. That is 100% stealing.
Paying for your own insurance would OPT YOU OUT of national health care. You wouldn't have to pay national health tax if you prove you pay for your own insurance. This is my idea, don't act like you know it's structure like it's some sort of rule for things to only be a certain way.

Quote:
Heck, why don't I help out with other peoples tuition besides my own too while we are at it. Oh, wait I already do send undeserving minorities who get 700's on their SAT's while white people who do deserve to go but can't afford it get screwed
Reform, reform, reform. I see you complaining but I also see you supporting a foreign policy that throws our tax dollars into the trash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
The colonial Americans where not plotting the entire British empire's demise. They were seeking freedom against oppression.
That was MY point you just borrowed. The error you made is thinking Iran wants to wipe us out. The imperialistic doctrine of the current regime speaks for itself, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds View Post
Being self employed, I pay a total of over 70% of my income to one tax or another.
before you ask, here's the breakdown:
35% Federal Tax
15.3% Medicare & Social Security Tax
6.75% State Income Tax
3.04% State Unemployment Tax
6.2% Federal Unemployment Tax (but only up to the first $7K)
Then you add in your income lost on Property Tax, Sales Tax, Gas Tax, Tolls, etc., you will realize that you don't keep much for yourself. For me it averages out to about 15% of my income goes to those "Miscellaneous" taxes.
My mother is also self-employed, I'll contact her later to see if it's anywhere near 70%

As for me, I just did the math and came to 17.33%, which consists of:
Federal Income tax: 53.1%
Social Security: 35.8%
Medicare: 8.3%
AK SUI Emp: 2.8%

That's it. I don't pay property tax or any others. Whoever intially made the comment of me not paying taxes is relatively correct.
You poor continentals.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.