View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
the one that comes directly from the 4 wire cable from the ignition sw. You should test it for voltage with the sw off and the ignition sw on accessory. this connector plugs into a connector right beside the steering column, and naturally the wires change colors at the connector. that would be the best place to pick up a 12 v connector. This cirket is on a slow blow 45 amp fuse so you should protect your A/V with appropriate protection
If you don't work it out tomorrow I will have a little more time and can check it out for you.
The circuit suggested above is that which supplies fuse No. 3.
N.B. For very good reason I have suggested that you should pick up your supply subsequent to fuse No. 3.

A wire to your sub board added as suggested above, would provide a short circuit opportunity in respect of 45 amp main fuse No. 4. The OEM set up wisely separately protects each circuit subsequent to this fuse for safety reasons. In the event that fuse No. 5 blows, the main ignition circuit is interrupted, and motive power is lost, together with headlights. Not good in many circumstances.

If necessary Fuse No. 3, can be upgraded to say 20 amps, in order to cope with an added load, and adequate protection would remain in place.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 10-13-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Typo.