View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
He's an 18th century British imperialist. Why wouldn't he? It's a good thing they didn't have advanced technology back then. They might have labeled us terrorists to the throne and tried to wipe us off the map.

"The Colonists are developing nuclear technology! They are potential threats to us!"
So are you trying to compare Colonial America and the British Empire to Iran and the U.S.? What are you smoking? There is no relevant comparison there whatsoever. The colonial Americans where not plotting the entire British empire's demise. They were seeking freedom against oppression. Iran is simply seeking to destroy us period. Nothing less than total anhililation will suffice for them. Iran is not a colony of ours that has rebelled due to our aggression. So that analogy is pointless. Even as a double finance and economic major in college I am also graduating with a minor in American history. I have had my share of classes and researching various parts of the circumstances that lead up to the Revolutionary War. My dad ( a huge British history buff ) also read your post where you were quoting Burke and started laughing. So, please do not lecture me on Burke. Sorry, but that whole quote and the way you try to equate it to the current situation is just that. Laughable.
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5