View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2649 View Post
the website you referenced Myxalplyx doesn't have a tcu right now. I was thinking about the functions that are involved with the transmission during shifts. I don't understand why the TCU would be grounding the signal for extended periods between shifts. What sensor is telling the TCU that the shift is complete. wouldn't this be the first place to look instead of the TCU? I still think that it's the TCU, but I would like to be more certain. If I could check a sensor or sensor lead for voltage, this would be helpful! Any Ideas????
I guess I dont understand your problem? The progams that runs in the ECU and TCU is designed to have this affect on engine power for obvious longevity of the trans.
The ECU knows when to cut power, because the TCU tells it, that it is going to shift. But its not an obtuse communication. The calculations being done to tell the trans when to shift, and the engine when to cut power are based on several factor in both the TCU and ECU. For instance, vehicle speed, engine RPM, engine load, current gear, ect.
Does the car feel like the brakes are being applied when the trans shifts? I got to thinking that maby the brake band in the trans is too tight.
But something you need to understand about why subaru implemented the torque control is, Imagine having a manual transmission and never letting off the gas when you shift, or dumping the clutch every time you accelerate hard from a stand still. Neither the clutch, or the trans would last long.
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L