View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2649 View Post
I did have the cables loose, I didn't use them to set anything. This is what I noticed..... When I pulled the Throttle body, the butterfly valves appeared completely closed however after cleaning them , I could see daylight through a small crack around the butterfly valves. The only thing limiting them from completely closing was a small adjustable screw that was holding the throttle slightly opened. I also noticed that it had been tampered with before (remember this engine was completely rebuilt by the previous owner, maybe they used it to get the car idling right for them but had something else screwed up all along).

So.... When I started it with the clean throttle body (now having thin passages for air) it idled high. I pulled the stopped screw back to what looks like factory and it idled a little slower.
I have never seen this screw mentioned here, and neither the screw nor the adjustment of same is mentioned in the manuals.

------------ Possibly someone may be able to throw more light on this item.-------------

Could the screw by any chance comprise a modification, added to overcome an idling problem?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!