View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post

IMHO I believe there needs to be a better driver's education system in place in the USA. Here in the us, a person can literally get their license with ZERO experience behind the wheel, except for the driving test. A lot of the wrecks involving teens & Hi-Po cars are a lack of experience, and parents with more money than brains. Who gives their teenager, no matter how responsible, a top line performance car as their first car? The SRT/4 is a competent car in all respects, in the right hands it COULD hand a stock SVX it's hat. As could a stock WRX STI.
I'm not aware of every State law in regards to driving licenses, or even the legal driving age in most states. I am from Ontario (Canada not California) and we do have somewhat of the system you describded.

You can get a beginners license at 16. This means you MUST AT ALL TIMES drive with a person who has had thier Experienced License for more than 4 years. You also cannot drive on highway's or roads over 55mph(90km). This is a written test.

After a Year with beginners license you can get your secondary license - which allows you to drive alone on any road. You must have a ZERO blood alcohal level, and after 12:00am you are only allowed ONE passenger under the age of 19. You must pass an in car test with an examiner to get this license

After another year, and another in car test, you get your Full license.

Perfect system? No, nothing is, it' opinionated. But I beleive it is better than write a test and drive wherever with whomever.

Just sharing some cross boarder info.
Rob