View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 02:46 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
I have an interesting thing to note.

When I initially tested the new board (prior to adjusting the potentiometer), I couldn't get the ECU to talk to me. The commands I sent resulted in no response.

For kicks, I then tried the TCU... and got totally coherent data back. I was perplexed. So I changed the potentiometer and eventually got the ECU to talk to me, albeit with "000000" repeated over and over. Yet still, the TCU was talking clearly. A little more messing with the potentiometer and all was well.

But I find it amazing that the TCU was able to communicate just fine independent of how the upgrade circuit was set.
Good one Nomake.

Could you please advise where the pot. was set when you ---

(1) Initially tested the new board.

(2) Then tried the TCU.

(3) Changed the potentiometer and eventually got the ECU to talk.

(4) After a little more messing.

Use a clock scale, twenty minutes to, through twenty minutes past, with twelve o'clock being halfway, and specify which end relates to ground/negative.

Congratulations that in spite of some problems building the circuit, you got there. You may find it interesting to back track in this thread, to my notes regarding "ugly" wiring techniques.

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!