View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 10:35 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
It seems to be a feature of these forums that when a post is made that is close to or over the borderline, we get plenty of people to stir up the situation, and nobody seems to use the "Report this post to a moderator" button.

Why is this?

Until Cruisen_15 or any other member hits the official report button, we usually allow debate to continue on the basis that you are all adults, and should know the limits of propriety. At that point what we are dealing with is hot air.

When the hot air changes to flames, a rule is broken and we will deal with any who start, or fan the flames.

We want to keep this forum clean and light hearted, so a certain amount of tolerance is required.

Just the same, keep it clean and non personal, we are all trying to be friends here, and trying to help those new to the SVX.

Joe
Joe, I answer your question.

As one of those you accuse of stirring up a situation, I can not understand how you could expect an outcome whereby “Cruisen_15 or any other member would hit the official report button, within such as these current circumstances.

-------“When the hot air changes to flames, a rule is broken and we will deal with any who start, or fan the flames.”

Covertly you imply that you will deal with me, the electric fan?

-------“ We want to keep this forum clean and light hearted, so a certain amount of tolerance is required.”

You now make clear the level of tolerance which is acceptable to you as an administrator. I doubt that all will agree with your judgement.

---------“ Just the same, keep it clean and non personal, we are all trying to be friends here, and trying to help those new to the SVX.”

I have no alternative but to address you personally and I do so as a friend of quite long standing. Agreed, it is important that help is given to new members, the very reason for this thread.

The object of stifling all objections from the floor in order to maintain an exact equilibrium is laudable but impractical and non democratic. If I had pushed the moderator button this would not have produced the required result, i.e. that a new member could feel he had the support of the majority. Members must retain the right to object and offer support in the event that another is insulted.

N.B. It is interesting that at this point Brian has in affect been officially vindicated.

What is more there has been no retraction and I/we can only hope and trust that “Cruisen 15” is well aware that he is welcome here. I make no apology in respect of initiating a debate in order to achieve same. The situation has in fact been “stirred up”, as a result of untimely appeasement.

Sincerely, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!