View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 04:59 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
I think the original question was a straight request for opinion and information. However, the answers in some cases were less than courteous.

Brian's point about slagging off people and ricers [a sub-species] is OK by me up to a point, I like a joke, life's too short.

In fairness, when a joke is being put forward it's a great help if the person the joke is on knows the score. If they don't it comes across as rude or an insult.

Cruisen, the air-to-air type intercooler you mention is only used to cool down compressed and heated air from a charger [turbo or super] so the engine gets more oxygen and so makes more power.

It is commonly accepted that even in an engine being pressurised at 5 or 6 lbs, the gains in cooling from such an intercooler are nixed out by the distance of the plumbing and pipework and the pressure loss across the intercooler.

So this implies that to put the system on a non-pressurised [NA]engine you will suffer the intercooler loss without gaining the extra power the pressure pump [aka charger] would give the engine.

However, if you want to go this road, maybe you should look at water injection or water/methanol injection. It should work an oxygen improvement for a NA engine because of the cooling effect of the latent heat of vaporization.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 09-14-2007 at 05:10 AM.