View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 11:14 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Talking Back Home - Great Meet, but Some Bad News

I am home in Northern Virginia now (1:00 PM on Tuesday) after a great ride with SVXCESS across country. We spent the night just west of Wheeling W. VA last night before making the last leg.

This was a fantastic weekend! Larry iii you did a wonderful job of organizing the meet! Three cheers for Larry - and Rosie too. We KNOW who did most of the work! I don't think it could have been much better -75 cars! Really tremendous! The only improvement could have been less HEAT, but I know even Larry can't control that! I think the idea for all of us to get together with a few "programed / scheduled" events was great. These kinds of things are supposed to get "people" together with a common interest, and let the people mingle with the people and get to know them. A strict schedule does not accomplish that! I enjoyed meeting people we just read about. Now I can say, hey, I know that person! And he's a cool guy / gal too. And such a neat car as well!
So thank you Larry. Most don't realize just how big a job it is to organize a meet, not to speak of such a large one. So thanks again! And so good to finally get to meet you and Rosie (well, Rosie, anyway! ). Great to meet all of you, and I can not wait until the next one!

And now the bad news. I found out last night when I called home that my youngest son totalled his '94 SVX (Blue) though no fault of his own. Kyle is fine, not even a bruise. He topped a hill on a highway and discovered a dumbie sitting in the left lane almost stopped. He hit him at less than 45MPH - air bag didn't even go off. I haven't seen the car yet, but I understand it got the radiator and left front suspension (and the hood, of course). I will provide an update after the insurance guy takes a look (and me too) and decides if it is bad enough to total.

Later,
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx