Thread: Stalling SVX...
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue
I'll try to document it, but I sent you like 10 different money orders, so it'll be hard to show. I wouldn't say it if it weren't true.
Please do, As I don't have the utmost faith in your word right now.(sound familiar?)

Quote:
Dude, you ordered a radiator, didn't confirm that it was in stock, then it took you more than 2 weeks to even check on it before they switched you to another model and still took a while to ship. You were also working on other people's SVXs at the time, so let's be honest, you weren't very motivated to stay on top of it.
It's not my job to confirm it's there. It is there job to tell me that "hey, We don't have it right now, We'll have to order it". Instead, I called them twice about it and was told it was on order and would arrive soon and the third time I called was when I was told they couldn't get it for a long time and that I could get a different brand a little sooner but for 30 more bucks. Again, Not my fault.

Quote:
Honestly, milemarkers and the clock?! Wow. I could care less what your "stopwatch" told you. I've driven past several mobile radar stations lately, and at 25 I'm reading 30 and at 65 I'm more than 75. had I known I'd be that far off, we'd have gone for stock ratios. I drive more than 45 miles each way to work every day on a very closely watched stretch of very rural road and I can't afford to get picked up every week for speeding. You knew before doing the work that this needed to be able to be daily driven, year round.
Yes, Milemarkers and the clock in your SVX. It isn't hard to watch a clock as a milemarker goes by to tell you are doing a mile a minute.

Quote:
You were asked to remove them and replace them if they looked like they needed it. You told me after they failed that you didn't even remove the engine-side ends. How do you inspect them without removing them? Besides, if the top hadn't been left smashed against the power steering hose, it likely wouldn't have rubbed through anyway.
And how exactly do you get the upper radiator hose to rub on the power steering hose?? I don't think I've ever seen an SVX with no clearance between the 2 that wasn't wrecked.

Quote:
So, I should just pay your for it, even though you didn't do it? If this isn't a no-questions refund, I don't know what is. I didn't know there was a cooler in there, because I'm not a mechanic, and never claimed to be. People like me keep people like you in business, so I don't see how it's in your best interest to try to "show us up" by trying to make us look stupid. I never claimed to be a mechanic. Heck, that could be the a/c condenser in there and I'd still never know.
So your telling me you have model cars and memorabilia EVERYWHERE, But no NOTHING about them????

Quote:
For that matter, what do you intend to refund at this point? Do you still think, even admitting that you charged for a service you didn't do, that all you owe is the gas you used and were already paid for? Heck, if you weren't planning on refunding it, you really should have just gone ahead and let me know it had one and replaced it, because I'd still have wanted you to...Don't you think?
Like I said, I did something in place of the cooler that we agreed on and I know I did, I just don't recall what. I will refund the gas, But nothing else.

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way. It wasn't intended that way. If it was, there'd be a lot of mad face emoticons, etc. I'm not shouting or swearing, I'm just trying to get these issues resolved.
I did NOT start this thread to air my issues with you or the work you did (and didn't do) on my car. I simply needed reliable help getting the car going again, and anyone who's going to offer advice is going to have to know what work was done. I couldn't simply ask you privately for help with all this because honestly, I don't have the utmost faith in your work at the moment.
You should watch how you word things then, Because the first 2 or 3 posts from you all make remarks towards me as if your car breaking down is all my fault or something and I don't appreciate it, Especially with all I've dealt with lately from Benebob and so on. Bad timing you could say.

Last edited by Budfreak; 08-24-2007 at 01:17 AM.