Thread: Stalling SVX...
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue
This is where reading the thread before commenting saves you looking silly.
I did go to you privately, but I've not gotten back with you with the laundry list of stuff you missed (and a total of what I'm entitled to be refunded for it) because I'm still tracking down everything you missed, forgot, or neglected to do.

I did NOT post this looking to make you look bad. Since the day my car returned, I've had nothing but trouble, but I did not post that here.
I'm simply looking for assistance troubleshooting current issues with my car, period.

The fact that your swap was even mentioned in this thread was for troubleshooting assistance, ONLY.

However, since you feel the need to air the laundry here...

The radiator hoses were expressly requested when you did the work.
If we're listing the issues with your work, let's add the s/s lines I paid you and additional $20 to install, which was not done, the trans cooler I paid for (you charge $200 for the trans cooler and filter, you did the filter, what % of that $200 is the cooler and labor?) which was not performed, etc...We won't even go into your "2 day" swap taking more than 2 months.

**This was discussed ahead of time, and you said specifically you had the parts to make the speedo read properly after the swap. It's NOT 3-5mph off, it's more than 10mph off at highway speeds, which is completely unacceptable. The swap would never have been performed had I been properly informed.**

Good to know, seriously, thank you for the info.

So, you're going back on your word now? Great. You said to add up what you missed and you'd be happy to "make it right".
I have 8+ pages of PMs from the day you first contacted me to several days after you brought the car back (more than a month late).
As I see it; you owe me for:

* $30 gas you burned and did not replace (it was full of premium when you picked it up and less than 1/2 full when returned)
* $20 s/s line install
* the % of $200 you charge for the trans cooler/filter package.
I paid for a new cooler and labor, not for you to say "well, it's got a junk cooler (that obviously didn't do its job), I won't bother."

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...1/2 of that $100 is MORE than fair for the larger part of that job. For $150 (including the gas and s/s lines) I'll let you off the hook. I won't even complain if I find other stuff you missed/forgot/didn't bother with, as long as it's not egregious or leads to the total demise of the car...I'll use it to pay someone to chase down the current issues with the car and hopefully make it what you said it would be when you were done with it. And yes, I have PayPal...Since you asked previously, when you were more willing to "make it right".

Ugh...It kills me that some yokel had to quote this thread as ammunition against you and take it down this road...That was NOT my intent...
I still need help diagnosing and resolving current issues with my car, and I'm afraid now this thread is not going to be useful for that.

Today in addition to the stalling, the warning lights on the dash have started all lighting up, as if the car stalled, but while it's still running. Higher rpms make them brighter, lower rpms make them dim. I guess I'll be checking all the charging system connections and components, but that won't tell me why they're coming on, only why they're dimming at low revs.

After all this, I still love the car. It's just now become more of a love/hate thing.
Number 1: I do not ever recall asking you to pay me for the brakelines. I said I would do them if I had time.
Number 2: The only reason the car took so long is because I found so many things screwed up on it and had to order parts to fix them all(radiator, rear bushings, and so on)
Number 3: That speedometer was NOT 10 MPH off when I dropped the car off. I did 60 MPH and according the mile markers and the clock it was very close(within 2 MPH I'd say).
Number 4: The radiator hoses looked fine to me. I was only asked to inspect them to the best of my memory.
Number 5: I can't help the fact that you couldn't simply look under the hood and determine that you already had a cooler. I was told it didn't have one and therefore, Charged you for one. At least I'm honest and said " hey, you already had a cooler so I didn't bother". I could have easily have just said
"Yeah, I put it in". And as I recall, I did something for you to offset the cost of the cooler not being needed, I just don't recall what it was at this time.
Number 6: The gas was a tired after driving from Ohio oversight. I have no problem reimbursing that.
Number 7: Exactly. You haven't gotten back to me with what was going on and instead you aired all this out for the world to read. You worded it and made it sound pretty much like an attack on me rather than a request for help in your first post.

Now, for the cars problems.

1. The charging system is more than likely to blame for the dash lights. Have the alternator checked and check all the connections.
2. The stalling is probably MAF related. Trying using some MAF cleaner or electronics cleaner on it. If that doesn't help, Check out the TPS.

Last edited by Budfreak; 08-24-2007 at 12:56 AM.