View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM

My SVX arrives on Monday

Actually, I will have to take the train 150 miles south to get it. I've been following the posts on the site since I decided to bite the bullet and actually get the car I have lusted after since I first drove a new one in '92. What I am getting is a pearl '92 LSL that has lived in Southern California all its life, ergo, NO RUST. It has 151K miles on it, tranny has just been replaced, as has the radiator. It was sold out of Lancaster, in the high desert, and actually sat on the dealer's lot for almost a year before it was sold. Then it racked up a lot of miles pretty fast, because up there the distances are long and the traffic (relatively) light. By the time it was smog inspected in 1998, it had turned 90K miles, and by 2000 it was up to 126K. So in the last six or so years, it has only been driven 24K miles. The person I'm buying it from had it since Jan. 2005 and drove it only 9,000 miles. There are a couple of little issues with the front seats that an upholstery shop can fix easily. The A/C has lost its Freon from disuse. The remote control lock device is mashed, and the original keys are broken off. The sunvisors are shot. The leather across the top of the rear seat is cracked and tearing, due to being sun baked. The heat shields rattle. And there is a little dent/scratch on the left rear fender that needs to be touched up. I have driven it, and it pulls strongly. I am looking forward to adding it to the rest of my white fleet, my '91 Alfa Romeo 164 and my '93 Mercury Capri convertible. Now I need to find a mechanic I can trust, and then get down to correcting the cosmetic problems and enjoying the car. Being as I am in the Los Angeles area, and it is hot here this summer, I will probably work on the A/C first, then tackle the other problems as they bug me. Any help, assistance, information, etc. etc. will be much appreciated.
Thanks.