View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Work, Sleep, SVX, Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
I got a better idea. How about you get picked up, thrown in jail, and for the next 4 years your friends and family have no clue where you are and if you're even alive? And you don't know what, if any charges have been brought against you, you aren't allowed a phone call, a lawyer might be assigned to you, and no evidence is presented to show why you are in prison. That's justice, eh?
All I have to say about all of this stuff, is first off, if your not from american don't worry about it. Second of all, who cares if a terrorist isn't being given a proper trial. Would you care if they just held Hitler for awhile and didn't do anything tell like 4-5yrs later, or Stalin...probably not. Your talking about people who have chosen to make their life mission, taking other peoples lives, and freedom. Killing husbands, sons, duaghters, friends, whatever. So why should we give them the benifit of the doubt. I say we go by ancient laws. Eye for an eye. Even the bible has several passages about capital punishment. Sorry to break in on this little conversation, I just find it interesting so many people with little understanding of america, have so much to say about it. And assuming you are from canada as I believe I read befor, Canada wouldn't know much about war-time rules, and dealing with prisioners, because for the most part you haven't ever really particapated in one. not since colonial days. (I don't really count your brief tours in World War 2)