View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Registered SVX
Cumberland Weather & Events July 28-29

WEATHER
The weather forecast is calling for highs around 90° with scattered/isolated thunderstorms both days. That is pretty much typical for this time of year, so we may get rained on, maybe not.

EVENTS
We still don't know about Doc McCagh's cookout on Saturday evening, although it IS a standing tradition on Autocross weekends. If not, we'll figure something out -- there are lots of decent bars & restaurants in the area, or we could have an informal evening here. There is a free concert at Canal Place on Saturday evening from 7:00 to 9:00, featuring a band named "Take Two". I've never heard them and don't know what kind of music they play (sounds like jazz or oldies to me), but Canal Place is a big tourist spot around here, so it might be worth checking out. There is also music by Don Robinson (don't know him) from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. downtown at the Farmer's Market. The Farmer's Market runs from 9:30-2:00. On Saturday and/or Sunday, there is Stock Car Racing at the Allegany County Fairgrounds, but I have no information on it. If anyone is interested, I have the phone number. On Sunday morning, there is a Fly-In, Drive-In at the Airport from 7:00 a.m. until around noon, with an All-You-Can-Eat Breakfast (sausage, eggs, pancakes, homefries, coffee, orange juice) for $5.00 a person from 7:00 a.m. till 11:30. There is also music downtown from 1:00 to 3:00 by Ray Christiansen, but again, I have no idea what kind of music it is.

If anyone comes in on Friday, there is music downtown from 5:00-10:00 p.m. (2 or 3 bands).

And with all that going on, we'll probably spend the whole weekend sitting around the yard, drinking Asti.

What's not to like?

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint