Thread: Best TIRES...?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Scott
I found another good tire for a car (my SVX)....and again it disappears...? It either went out of business...or size died...??? Well...I ran Avon Tech M500's with good success...245 45 16 (ZR)...Supposedly made by Bridgestone...?

The thing that's so disturbing is that my old Yokohamas I thot I liked so much proved to be so noisey...when I got the Avons! [They're quiet!] ...that once I replaced a rear bearing from that noise! I realized that...after I got the quiet Avons...I was considering replacing the other rear bearing (since replacing the first didn't get rid of the "bearing" noise!...ha!).

Is there a quiet...inexpensive...good tracking...TIRE? Please advise me y'all.. .

THANKS...

BTW...I like an "oversized" tire ...but I guess I can return to 225 50 16 if u got a good one! Thanks!

I don't know about the prices now but here's a few I thought were decent:

Falken Azenis
Kuhmo Ecsta MX

currently I have Toyo Proxies4 on my SVX because I'm cheap and wanted to try them out at $52/tire. They're doing decent, but I've been driving defensively of late so I don't know how far they would go.

On my first SVX I had Yokohama AVS(something can't remember now) but I hated them. Expensive and crappy IMO.