Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbyrunner
G'day,

Now that I've got that out of the way, could someone tell me if there were any black SVX sold here in Aus? I have seen cars in ads that look black but are usually described differently. And is there more than one shade of grey? Because some look positively silver.

Which year should I be looking for? They sold here from 1992 until 1997 didn't they? Are they all the same specs. I realise they are all constant and all auto which is a big attraction for me.

Cheers,
Stuart

Hi Stuart

First and foremost, you are very welcome.

There is an Excel spreadsheet about available colours in the How-To section
HERE

If you scroll down you see information about right hand drive markets and Australia is included.

You will notice on the Australia right hand column a lot of question marks. This is because the compilers of the list do not have a lot of hard information such as dealer brochures to show what options were available Down Under.

The colours shown with squares were definitely available. In addition, the first option of the cars that were silver and had grey flanks, that was also available. [We must update this ]

Regards the later cars available for '96 and '97, your Australia market seems to mirror the Japanese market. I would expect because of this that you will have had the three main colours available on the cars that had all one colour, i.e. ones with no black roof or boot lid. These three available colours are Bordeaux [a purple or Burgundy shade] Polo Green [Bright Green Mica] and Bright Silver.

The last colour is probably the one you mention, it's only on 96 on cars. The earlier cars were all painted using the darker Liquid Silver.

Mechanically the cars are all basically the same throughout the life cycle 91-97. The only notable change, other than some gearbox improvements, would be the later cars are wired differently. Cars 91-95 [with a black roof] are going to be OBD I cars, and the 96-97 cars, the last 3 colours, will be OBD II in the diagnostics department.

I hope this helps

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl