View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: Re: Re: Hey Nick

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Beav, what do you think about this? Am I nuts to think that getting a flexplate (if I can in time) and installing it are going to cure my problems? If the broken flexplate doesn't explain all of my symptoms, then there's no point in trying to get this done. I simply can't get a tranny in time. Even if there's one less than a week away, I don't think I can afford it right now.
Nick,

Wendy and I were talking last night after I determined one of my new head gaskets was dented around the cylinder about what would happen if I can't get the engine done in time (BTW waiting on another head gasket to be delivered on Friday). Maybe we could make a Frankenstein SVX using my trans in your car. I could easily have mine removed in an hour or so if I can't get the engine done. That way at least PART of my car could make it to the meet.
I'm taking off the other head this evening and I'll see if there is anything catastrophic once it's removed. The other thing I can offer is parts from my wrecked SVX. Though it's not currently at my house, I need to make arrangments to get it hauled to my house for dismantling. We might be able to make something work that way as well. Just some possible options.

Todd