Old 06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
John hoffman needs some competition this year...Lol

We can have very simple categories...Best condition stock(This would be the car with the least wear and tear, stock.Not necicarily the most polished), cleanest, most tastefully modified(This would be things like bumpers, lips, mabey paint scheme, that sort of thing), and best overall (This would include cleanlyness, condition of parts, mechanical and other modifications, ect. OR could be an exceptionally good stock car)
I think anything much more than that would be overcomplicating it. Do like a first prize and runner up for each category..Prizes could include raffle tickets, framed certificates, ribbons..mabey even some car detailing supplies

Like I said, im all for helping such an award thing
I have a suggestion for simplification that you can take or leave.

Having been involved with Classic Car clubs and competitions for many years, I know there is plenty of room for dissent if the rules are not absolute.

Use two categories only, with First Prize and Runner-up in each.

Category 1 is Best Original Car, or best Stock if you Americans prefer.

Category 2 is Best Modified Car.

These two classifications are mutually exclusive. A car is only Original or Stock if everything on it is OEM. If you change the radio, it's Modified.

Modified could be a very tasty almost original car with new wheels, or it could be a ThunderSaloon with 500hp and racing skirts. Once it's modified, it's Modified.

These should be easy enough to judge.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl