View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 09:17 AM

Building the Perfect Engine.

Tom:

Great that you started this thread. I requested a subforum for this subject, so perhaps one of the moderators can move this up.

I am very interested in getting the type of bearings that you purchased. It sounded like you were combining bearings from two kits. I also know that you are doing engine builds for some other folks, so if you want to go in on splitting a kit let me know.

I'm still going to work on the copper head gaskets for the build. Have not heard crap from Mr. Gasket. Anyone else who is interested in gaskets let me know. I would kind of like to wait on the final order for gaskets since different folks may need slightly thicker gaskets from stock to make up for any milling required depending on the condition of each individual motor.

Done some investigating on ARP head bolts. 8 of our 16 head bolts are identical part numbers to the 4 cylinder engines, for which there are kits (12 in a 4 cyl kit). The other 8 are completely custom to the SVX engine. I may take some measurements and see if ARP will put together a kit for our car. Anyone who is interested let me know.

On the motor machine work front, I may go ahead and just plan on sleaving the motor with dalton ductile iron sleaves. If I can talk the shop into it I would at least like to get the deck semi closed. They were not thrilled with doing a fully closed deck. Mike thinks it would be too difficult as well.

Lets start posting and getting this stuff together.

See ya